Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Set a spell



My incomplete, near-infantile impressions of the Magyars after an afternoon:

1. "Bash, stash, sha-loot-na tash." That's me speaking nonsense Hungarian.
2. They have great respect for pedestrians. (Heavy policing? Small sample size?)
3. All the guys are named Ferenc.
4. With its steel bridges and rolling hills in the distance, Budapest looks a little like Cincinnati.

Jesus, did I really write that? I'm desperately battling to stay awake and losing. Hope to have some cogent thoughts tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the journey to Bud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would rather hang out with the Cedar Bank kids than slum around Buda. I'm a Pest guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Those Cedar Bank kids were jerks though ... Can't wait to hear more about Pest today!

    ReplyDelete